Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D3D Device creation failed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sadlercomfort

Sadlercomfort

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I've recently downloaded 'Battlefield 3 Reloaded'. I've installed the game and applied the crack, however whenever I start the game it fails and gives me this error message:
'Failed creating D3D device of at least version 10.0 on adapter "NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT" with driver "(Current driver version)". Error is DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED ("Unsupported"). This is tipically caused by not having the minimum requied DirectX support in the GPU. For NVIDIA GPU'S direct support 10 is required.'

My specs are,
Amd Athlon 64 x2 6000+ dual core 3013Mhz.
Model - Geoforce6100PM-M2
4gb ram
NVIDIA 7600 GT
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit, nforce chipset

Here is a few things I've tried,
I've updated my Graphics card to wqhl version, and tried the beta version.
Tried to update direct x using the full package (although windows 7 has direct x 11 pre-installed).
Did windows updates.
Updated all my drivers, chipset, audio etc. .
Run battlefield in compatibility mode (all modes)
Checked using dxdiag, that direct 3d etc is enabled.
Disabled Aero desktop etc, while running bf3.exe

The game should work as my graphics meets minimum requirements, and I have direct x 11? I have tried running the Direct x setup that comes with the install, and run the setup in compatibility mode like other forums suggest.
Any ides? I think it must be a bug in direct x 11, or a compatibility issue with the software. Please someone help, I watched/tried countless "fixes" and read forums, no one has came up with a solution, although many people have the problem with other games too.

Thank You,

Edited by Sadlercomfort, 07 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I'm sorry, we do not assist with illegally obtained material. This is a downloaded copy. Please refer to our terms of service.