Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My external hard-drive doesn't show up in My computer... please he

• Please log in to reply

moretonmiss

moretonmiss

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I have been trying all evening to remove some photos from my laptop to my external hard drive (Verbatim USB 2.0)but to no avail. It is making the usual USB 'connection' noise when plugged in but nothing is showing up in my computer and no bubble is showing up from the bottom toolbar.
I have been to disk management and the only thing listed in there is the 'C drive' and one with no title.

I would appreciate any help at all please, but do bear in mind I am not massively tech minded (hence me asking on here!) so any explanations written in layman's terms would be most helpful!

Thanks in advance. :D

Em

Advertisements

KevinC4

KevinC4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I am having the same problems...can you please help?

Thanks

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
KevinC4

Please do not post inside another members topic, your computer issue/s may appear to be the same but be completely different + your request for assistance may be overlooked as staff and members will check a topic that has yet to receive a reply but they may not if it appears that assistance has already been offered to the OP.

Start your own topic and we will be happy to assist you there.

AD34

AD34

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, you mean your external hard drive can not read by your laptop?

Well, I am sorry to tell you that your data on the external hard drive has lost. However, the good news is that you can still get it back by using recovery tool.

4Card Rcovery can retrieve all kinds of files, including pictures, movies and so on.

You can download it for free. Just have a try.

Geek8453

Geek8453

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I would suggest a data recovery company if you are unable to get anywhere with it. Its their job, they're bound to know how to help.