Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some keys on keyboard don't work

• Please log in to reply

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I have a microsoft wireless 5000 keyboard and intellitype 8.0.
As of today, suddenly several keys on my keyboard don't function.
I can't use the tab, q, w, e, a, s, d, spacebar, and directional arrows. Everything else works perfectly. The results are the same whether caps or not.

According to norton 360, I don't have a virus. I've cleaned the system. I've reinstalled the keyboard driver, unplugged the keyboard, reinstalled the usb stick. I've rebooted, turned the system off and unplugged it for several minutes.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Did you try anoither known working keyborad on your system to see if the same symptoms occured, if not then check these:

Is your keyboard old or is it dirty.
Did you ever drop somthing liquid on it.

Somtimes opening the keyboard and cleaning the inside helps a lot, if your comfortable in doing that you might try it otherwise it might just be on the end of its road.

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Keyboard from another computer worked. Didn't spill anything on it. Keyboard is three months old and not dirty.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Try you keyboard on another computer and if the problem is the same then bring it back where you bought it for a replacement or a refund

Kadh2000

Kadh2000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yep. Bad keyboard. Staples replaced it.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know how :thumbsup: