Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't boot up pastt the dell screen. HELP!

• Please log in to reply

rah808

rah808

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron. I had a virus on it but no virus removal was able to remove it, so i decided that i wanted to recover my laptop back to it's factory settings without the disks. Now my laptop won't even boot up past the dell boot up screen it will just keep restarting. The start up repair says that it it cannot repair this problem.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: rah808

Sometimes malware is so deep rooted that not even a format and fresh install will resolve the issue and you may need the guidance of the Malware Staff, first please see the attached tutorial @ http://www.geekstogo...ystem-tutorial/ and follow the guidance there.

rah808

rah808

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so say that it isn't the virus, is there any other way to just reset my laptop to factory settings? without using the disks. When it begins to start up a quick blue screen comes up but go's away fast, it looks like a crash screen. Would that be because of the virus that i had?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
There are many variations of the Dell Inspiron and they do not all function the same.
When you power up try pressing down the Ctrl and F11 keys and if available/not damaged you should get into the recovery partition and if you do make a back up disk as a matter of importance, if no recovery partition let us know the model number of the Inspiron in case the access keys are different.
If the machine boots we will move on from there, I am neither qualified or indeed allowed to discuss malware other than to point you in the direction of the experts.
Keep us posted on how you are getting on.