Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:30 PM
Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:28 PM
My nickname is WhiteHat and I'm going to help you fix your problem.
Please note that I'm currently in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert before I reply.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
- Please do not try to fix anything without being asked
- I suggest you print or save any instructions I give you for easy reference. We may be using Safe mode and you will not always be able to access this thread.
- I am currently reviewing your logs.
Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:51 PM
Download OTL to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- In Extra Registry, select Use SafeList
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\Startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
# Step 2 #
Please download MBRCheck.exe to your Desktop. Run the application.
If no infection is found, it will produce a report on the desktop. Post that report in your next reply.
If an infection is found, you will be presented with the following dialog:
Enter 'Y' and hit ENTER for more options, or 'N' to exit:
Type N and press Enter. A report will be produced on the desktop. Post that report in your next reply.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users