Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Invalid Boot diskette

• Please log in to reply

Mrcheeks

Mrcheeks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
well this is my friends machine that he wanted me to take a look at because he had a lot of important stuff that he didnt want to lose on it. Do you think theres any way to get the data back or is it all lost forever?

Advertisements

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
if its the hdd thats clicking u might not get anything back off it u can try a data recovery program like spinrite 6 u may be able to salvage some data

there are other programs like tiramisu just look for the 1 u might be able to understand best

Edited by stuart813, 04 June 2005 - 12:23 PM.

Mrcheeks

Mrcheeks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
alright thanks a lot for the help, hopefully i can get some of the data back for him or else hes pretty screwed. Thanks again for walkin me through this.

stuart813

stuart813

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
no problem glad to be of any help

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Since there is important data on the disk I suggest that before formatting you take out the disk, install it as a slave in your computer, backup the data into your disk and then format. There is a good chance that you save all the data if the disk is not completely ruined.

Mrcheeks

Mrcheeks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Yea, ill attach this hard drive as a slave on my other machine tomorrow and see what data i can save and hopefully my friend doesnt lose all his important data :tazz:

thanks for the help everyone