Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

malware: controls microsoft security center. MB calls it a "trojan

• Please log in to reply

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hopefully i did all of the scans correctly, i triple checked as i was doing it. :whistling:

Advertisements

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
:unsure: are you there gammo?

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi , y'know i dont want to seem ungrateful or anything. i am getting quite anxious to get this cpu working though...

i understand you may be busy, you have a life after all. maybe you can pass me to somebody who has a little more time?

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
I'm sorry for my very late response.

Since it's been several days, I'd like an up-to-date and extensive list with the problems you're still experiencing. :)

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Now its behaving wierd different: the screen constantly "blinks" like a t.v. losing reception, like a hiccup or something, pop up menus have pixelated nonsense in them, and everything is extremely slow. all of these symptoms are new.

in normal boot mode... if it boots and doesnt get all pixilated and freeze. usually all the fonts look scrambled.

it will almost not boot in normal mode. i cannot use it at all even a little in normal boot at this time.

since i posted the last logs i have not even turned the thing on again... awaiting your instructions.

b

Edited by okoechan, 28 May 2012 - 05:03 PM.

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
:surrender: hellp please

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
i started it and it starts normally (without doing any kind of test) and looks fine, but it freezes up after 10 minutes or so. just freezes. :help:

Gammo

Gammo

Member 2k

• Malware Removal
  • 2,299 posts
I don't really see any malware in your logs, so I don't think malware is causing the screen problem.

I'm closing this topic. I suggest you start a new topic about your problem here. :thumbsup:

Some clean-up:

Remove Combofix now that we're done with it.
  • Please press the Windows Key and R on your keyboard. This will bring up the Run... command.
  • Now type in Combofix /Uninstall in the runbox and click OK. (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
    Posted Image
  • Please follow the prompts to uninstall Combofix.
  • You will then recieve a message saying Combofix was uninstalled successfully once it's done uninstalling itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OTC to reach the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.

okoechan

okoechan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok thanks, that really helps me move on in the case it is some other type of problem.