- I received the system with the Administrator named "Owner"
- I have not set up any user account and am not sure how to do it
- The system has "Total Defense Security Center" installed. Should I remove this and if so, what should I add? It also has CA Security Center (may be the same). Should I use Revo to uninstall? At what level?
- What other cleaners should I run? I have run CCleaner, Slimcleaner, ATF, Spyware Blaster and used Auslogics to Defrag
- What other items do you suggest I do before I begin using the system?
- How else can I clean the system?
- System runs hot - Any suggestions?
- I have used Windows Update to update Windows files. "Windows Search" and "Microsoft Siverlight" have been added and I do not need them. Can I remove them?
- The computer has WINRAR and two extremely large ISO fiiles ( 1 GB and 4 GB). I am not sure what they are for or what the program is for
- I ran Malwarebytes and it came up with a couple of items but since these are registry items I am not sure what to delete. The list follows:
Registry Keys Detected: 3
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000498.BHO (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> No action taken.
HKCR\CrossriderApp0000498.BHO.1 (PUP.CrossFire.Gen) -> No action taken.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\CROSSRIDER (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> No action taken.
Registry Values Detected: 1
HKCU\Software\Crossrider|215AppVerifier (Adware.GamePlayLab) -> Data: 105a3fa633265283fd66dbea9e01ee1c -> No action taken.
Registry Data Items Detected: 2
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center|UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
Thanks for your help!
Edited by joseph456, 15 May 2012 - 10:42 PM.