Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need DMV advice plz

• Please log in to reply

saraveza408

saraveza408

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
i bring this topic here because in other forums people will make fun of me.
So about a year ago I bought my 1st car from a certain online classified ads site.Well,me knowing nothing aabout the buying/selling a vehicle process & my roommate was suposably helping me.Anyway,to make a long story short,i bought it without the pink slip & never even put it in my name & now registration is due at the end of May.I downloaded a bunch of forms from the DMV website.So what do i need to do?What forms do I fill out 1st?
(another thi8ng is i dont even have a drivers license yet.I just learned how to drive a year ago and my behind the wheel test is tomarrow)Thanks for your advice :blush:

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So if you have no pink slip then you need to register the car at the DMV to you.
I don't know how your state does this but here you have to have a inspection and then you provide the inspection paper along with the title and\or a bill of sale.
If this doesn't work then you would have to apply for a lost title from the DMV which can take up to 8 weeks to receive. If this won't work then your other option is to contact the seller and ask for a bill of sale.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
inspection?it wont pass a inspection.i got scammed.Found out after I bought it that its a hurricane katrina car.its a 94 infiniti j30,nice car,but a bunch of worries.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then you will have to try to get a lost title or abandoned car title.
If it won't pass inspection then you might be able to sell it for scrap but you will need the title for that.

saraveza408

saraveza408

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
any idea how much this may cost to get the car legit & registered?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No ideal at all. I have no ideal what the fees are for your state at all.