Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slot CD/DVD drive won't read or eject

• Please log in to reply

Crownflame

Crownflame

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Here's computer info: http://www.geekstogo...attach_id=55823

Today I was trying to play a game of mine. It actually let me install the entire thing, but then won't let me play it. After a reboot, the drive occasionally reads the contents of the CD and is able to display the name (but not always). It will not play the game. And it won't eject, either.

My Dell has a slot-loaded drive, which means the standard paperclip-on-tray thing isn't applicable.

I repeatedly press the eject key and right-click eject, but this only causes the cd to chug, read the title, attempt to autoplay, and fail. Once it popped out and then sucked the CD back in before I could catch it.

Any advice? Is this a driver-type issue, or some serious hardware problem?

Advertisements

MrTeachwell

MrTeachwell

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi just did a google of your model number and 'cd drive won't eject' and it seems to be quite a common problem.

One person suggests the following "If this is a "Slot Load Drive", to eject manually hit the key between the "F12 and the Print screen" button. It is an orange color key button."

If that doesn't work I'd recommend having a look at some of these sites to see if anyone has a solution that works for you.