Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Want To Play Myst!

• Please log in to reply

Puzzledgirl24

Puzzledgirl24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, i have this Myst game that I've been meaning to play, but i have a windows 7 and it says it required a windows 95. When i put it in to see what happened, it gave me the normal screen and asked me if i wanted to run it or not. but when i went to install it, my computer would just state that it couldn't install it because my computer isn't a windows 95. is there any possible way to get around that?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
Windows 3.1/95
386 33MHz Processor
4MB RAM (8MB for Windows 95)
4MB Hard Disk Space
2X CD-ROM Drive
SVGA 256 color 640x480 Video Card
Windows compatible Sound Card
Mouse

I highly doubt it will run in Win7. XP mode is the farthest it will reverse back to.
If you wanted to take the time to do it you may be able to install 95 in a virtual box and run it from there but I wouldn't guarantee it would work.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I bought a old Compaq desktop from a pawn shop for $25 simply because it would boot up. Since i am a packrat i still have a lot of the old hardware to keep this old computer running. I use it as my game desktop and music storage. Since i have every Myst and similar games i love being able to play them on this computer. The compaq is running XP SP3 and runs the games with no problems so far. You might look into doing it that way. I have a lot of hardware i could sell cheaply if needed, like memory sticks, graphics cards, soundblaster cards and quite a lot of the software needed to run the old hardware. Something i have not tried but may work is using windows 7 professional. Where i work they use the pro version because it will run windows XP compatable software. This allows us to keep our old SCADA system running at our plant. It may work on the games also. Just a thought.

SRX660