Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

playing old games in virtualbox?

• Please log in to reply

mezigues

mezigues

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi

there's 2 old games i really want to keep on playing: GTA vice city and GTA san andreas

vice city doesn't run on win7 and it turns out I also have problems with san andreas (it won't save my progress, no matter what I try, and I've tried everything i could find)
so I decided to install VirtualBox and try to run those 2 games in it

problem: the games won't start because they say they don't have enough video memory
my graphics card has 2 gigs of vram, but i only can allocate 128 MB ti video in VirtuaBox's settings

this is the very first time I try to use an emulator program so I guess there's something I missed

anyone can help?
thanks

Edited by mezigues, 29 May 2012 - 12:57 AM.

Advertisements

Djoni Filho

Djoni Filho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Good morning, mezigues :thumbsup:

Before going to the Virtual Box, tell me: you tried to run the games in compatibility mode? Click the right mouse button over the application, click Troubleshoot compatibility, and it will give the option of performing the recommended settings. Run.

As for the Virtual Box, only gives up the same amount of video, at least in this program. But what you can do is turn the video acceleration. Click the virtual machine settings, Screen, Enable 3D acceleration.

Hugs :)

Edited by Djoni Filho, 29 May 2012 - 07:02 AM.