Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HIjack this

• Please log in to reply

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
what are hijack this post and how do i use then. i think the would help me but i dont know how to use them.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
HijackThis should only be used if your browser or computer is still having problems after running Spybot or another Spyware/Hijacker remover. HijackThis is an advanced tool, and therefore requires advanced knowledge about Windows and operating systems in general. If you delete items that it shows, without knowing what they are, it can lead to other problems such as your Internet no longer working or problems with running Windows itself. You should also attempt to clean the Spyware/Hijacker/Trojan with all other methods before using HijackThis. If you allow HijackThis to remove entries before another removal tool scans your computer, the files from the Hijacker/Spyware will still be left on your computer and future removal tools will not be able to find them.

If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers you should NOT fix entries using HijackThis without consulting an expert on using this program.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet!