Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

Kingvikingstad

Kingvikingstad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I will start with a short aside. I recently purchased the online membership to MLBtv.com and due to blackout restrictions I was working to find a proxy which would allow me to watch my local games. I downloaded something called "Quick Hide IP" and connected to one of their proxies briefly before deciding it was not for me and promptly uninstalled the program. Upon uninstalling the program, I was unable to access the internet whatsoever. My computer shows full connectivity to my network, yet it will not load pages in any browser nor on bittorrent, and my assumption is it has something to do with the proxy cutting out. Even after plugging the Ethernet cable directly into my computer, I get full connectivity yet cannot access the internet.

Upon going to the "Quick Hide IP" website, their FAQ gave the following information:

Q: Why couldn't I access internet, even when I am not running Quick Hide IP?
A: If Quick Hide IP closes when shutting down computer, it will have no chance to restore your real IP. So proxy setting is still enabled after restarting computer. You could either restore your IP by Quick Hide IP("Hide IP" and then "Restore IP"), or retore manually(In Internet Explorer browser's menu bar,Tools->Internet Options->Connections).

The problem is, after re-installing the software, the problem cannot open because it cannot connect. Manual restoration in Firefox and Google Chrome has not worked, and so I was looking for other ideas. Any thoughts would be appreciated, as I have tried some things I read online to restore my connection and none have worked. I'm almost at the point of contacting my ISP provider to see if they may have shut it off for some reason but wanted to hear any ideas before I did that.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
:welcome: Please try a system restore to a point prior to installing this software.
http://windows.micro...-System-Restore