Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

all-in-one desktops

• Please log in to reply

jstef4

jstef4

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello:
I want to buy a new windows7 desktop computer but I don't know whether I should buy an all_in_one desktop or a onventional box + monitor type.
The all-in-one type is attractive but some think that they are more prone to fail the the conventional ones.
Does any body know whether it is true that they are more prone to fail?
I would greatly appreciate any information regarding this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by phillpower2, 02 June 2012 - 06:36 AM.
Removed email address

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,796 posts
Hi jstef4
I have removed your email address from your OP as assistance is only offered on the forums which ensures you will only receive the most sound guidance, thanks for understanding.

AIO (all in one) computers are fine for certain things like office and school work but not for serious gamers or 3D work which require a more powerful video card and PSU (power supply unit) to support the card, this is where a conventional desktop comes out on top as it has far more upgrade capacity.
Reliability wise you tend to get what you pay for and only researching any potential purchase thoroughly first can help you avoid choosing a bad product.
I hope this answers your question/s but if there is anything else you wish to ask give us a shout.