Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Custom built...whats it worth

• Please log in to reply

PaganGeek

PaganGeek

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I built a computer for a friend and he ended up bailing on me, and now I need to sell...what is it worth. (been powered up 10 times, and 24 hour run tested.

Processor: AMD A6-3500 Llano 2.1GHz (2.4GHz Max Turbo) Socket FM1 65W Triple-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6530D

Board: ASUS F1A55-M LE FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) Micro ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

400W power supply

Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Hardrive: Western Digital Caviar Green WD7500AAVS-FR 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

CD/RW and DVD Rom

9 in 1 Card Reader

Windows 7 professional OS

Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: PaganGeek

Yours is a difficult question to answer as the computer is worth what a person is willing to pay for it, finding the person who wants the exact spec will be the hard part.
You may have to total up the cost of all of the parts and then add a small percentage on top so that you at least get your outlay back, try a system builders forum search on Google and see if any have an area where you could put the build up for sale.
Good luck with it and I hope that you are able to recover your costs.

Some guidance when selling http://www.pcworld.c...our_old_pc.html (ignore the "old" bit) but read the Common Questions - take note of the OS aspect.

PaganGeek

PaganGeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks phil...I have it currently on craig's list...listed at $580. Do you think the system is decent though?

Thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:
It is not a bad build with the exception of the un-named brand 400W PSU which would make me wary of making the purchase, if it is a good brand such as Antec, Corsair or Seasonic then advertise the fact.

PaganGeek

PaganGeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, I will include the name of PS....thanks again man....chat later

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome and good luck with it :thumbsup: