Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet keeps dropping/ disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

Shawnrocks101

Shawnrocks101

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my internet has been messing up alot lately we have cable internet from Comcast and we have had it been dropping alot. We have a linksys modem and a ubee router i think or that might be backwards. Our speeds are 15 download and 5 upload. so we are paying alot and want our internet to stay up longer then 5 minutes. when it drops all the lights go off like they should. anyone have any ideas we also have a good amount of stuff hooked up to it (ps3 wired) (2 laptop wireless) (2 computers wired) (1 Ipod wireless) (sometimes my phone wireless) (1 Wii wireless). thanks in advance we also have a guy coming out on wendsday with a new box next week. but if it could get fixed now that would be great because it is holding up my graphic design business.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
This sounds very much like it's a problem that you can't fix. If all the lights on the ubee modem go off, then either the ubee modem is broken, or it's power supply is broken. And if the connecting stays unstable after the modem gets replaced I would advise calling Comcast and have them look at the connection. :thumbsup:

Regards,
Olrik

Shawnrocks101

Shawnrocks101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
they already have and told us to write down the time when it drops and after just 2 days we already have one whole sheet filled front and back! its just been a bad experience with Comcast.