Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All games crash

• Please log in to reply

Sheetka

Sheetka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi geeks,

after I saw some excellent help for someone who had a similar issue I decided to go ask for help here.
I've been having this problem for quite some time now already and I've asked for help at different forums but without any luck so far.

My problem is that whenever I play games, usually somewhat like 15 minutes in game or sometimes even close to 5 minutes my whole laptop crashes.
I hear this awful loud sound that freaks me out and then I'm forced to restart my laptop.

This issue started after I decided to update my drivers. I've reinstalled drivers several times, ran programs with registry cleaning stuff but nothing seemed to help. So I decided to reinstall windows 7.
So after that I started a new game. FPS was noticeably better and the game played really smooth, but yeah it still decided to put troll-mode on and crash. Repeated this several times but kept crashing.

I would love to see some fresh thoughts on this issue. Note that I currently have a clean installation of windows 7 so I suppose there shouldn't be any corrupted drivers, registry or whatever. But who am I to know for sure, I'm not that experienced is this kind of stuff either.

Item Details

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) (Build 7600)
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385
Memory (RAM): 4095 MB
CPU Info: AMD Turion™ II Dual-Core Mobile M500
CPU Speed: 2193,3 MHz
Sound Card: Speakers (High Definition Audio |
Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High De |

Display Adapters: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500 Series | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 1x; Generic PnP Monitor |
Screen Resolution: 1600 X 900 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter | Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet
CD / DVD Drives: 1x (D: | ) D: TSSTcorpCDDVDW TS-L633C
Ports: COM3 LPT Port NOT Present.
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 584,4GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 359,3GB
USB Controllers: 6 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
Manufacturer *: Phoenix Technologies LTD
Product Make *: Aspire 7540
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: AT/AT COMPATIBLE | 12/07/09 | ACRSYS - 6040000
Time Zone: W. Europe Standard Time
Battery Status: High
Motherboard *: Acer JV71TR
IP Address: 192.168.2.2 |
MAC Address: C4-17-FE-88-3E-65
Host Name: PATRICK-PC
SM BIOS: V1.11

Edited by Sheetka, 07 June 2012 - 03:30 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
can you provide us an example of what games you are running when this issue occurs?

Sheetka

Sheetka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Before I reinstalled windows 7, those games were League of Legends, Skyrim, Lord of the Rings online and even minecraft.
After the installation the only game I tested is League of Legends.

Last week this game ran perfectly fine, I actually thought it was over but now it seems to happen again.
It happens almost every game.

Sheetka

Sheetka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
bump

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sorry for the delay in response. The loud sound is the audio locking up during the crash. In fact it could be the cause. you can try going to the laptop manufacture site and update your sound drivers. Look at the back of the laptop, there should be a fan. You can use some canned air to clean it out. It is also possible that our laptop is overheating, causing the crash.

next time it does the crash, there should be a stop code listed. c0x00000050 for example. All I need is that info. If it restarts before you can see the info, then do the following to disable auto restart:

1. Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.
2. Click on the System and Security link.
Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and proceed to Step 4.
3. Click on the System link.
4. In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.
5. Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and click on the Settings button.
6. In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.
7. Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.
8. Click OK in the System Properties window.
9. You can now close the System window.
10. From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot manually when an error appears.