Ad popups on FB.
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:08 PM
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:14 PM
My nickname is WhiteHat and I'm going to help you fix your problem.
Please note that I'm currently in training and my posts have to be approved by an expert before I reply.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
- Please do not try to fix anything without being asked
- I suggest you print or save any instructions I give you for easy reference. We may be using Safe mode and you will not always be able to access this thread.
- I am currently reviewing your logs.
Edited by WhiteHat, 08 June 2012 - 05:15 PM.
Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:15 PM
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Select All Users
- In Extra Registry, select Use SafeList
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
netsvcs msconfig drives %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.* %systemdrive%\drivers\*.exe %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.* /90 %PROGRAMFILES%\*.* /md5start explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe /md5stop C:\Windows\assembly\tmp\U /s HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\Startmenuinternet|command /rs HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLIENTS\Startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:43 PM
Only to warning you, OTL will not cure your problem because this tool will only generate a log with some informations of your computer.
Do you had problems to generate the log? If yes, in what stage OTL failed?
# Step 1 #
- Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here.
- It is important that is saved to your desktop.
- Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
- Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
- Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
# Step 2 #
Download aswMBR.exe ( 4.8mb ) to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to start scan
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users