Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Visual Logic Arrays datafiles

• Please log in to reply

Eddie777

Eddie777

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've created a visual logic flowchart that does this - stores a list of items such as a list of Student names, three different lists containing test grades per student a list containing the average per student and a list containing the Letter grades per student. It outputs all of the things listed the grades and names and average allready.

It uses Arrays and for loops and obviously the if statements for the determination of the grades. The program works and all but i have it set up where i have to type in the students name and scores all seperate. Now im trying to figure out how to input the data text file in this same flowchart so i wont have to type in the names and scores manually. so when i put in the textfile it would display their name and scores by itself and give me results right away like it does when you type all of the info by hand.

I know i have to choose file in an input statement and select the file name that i want to use. But for some reason i been trying to do that to no acvail. if anyone knows how to do this please help me out here im totally lost.

PS the text file is set up properly. Thanks.

Advertisements

Zazzles

Zazzles

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there,

I am working on a similar problem and I am completely stuck! I noticed you didnt get any response on here but I was hoping maybe you figured it out and could help me along. I have been searching every where but just couldnt find anything.

Thank you