Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security warning

• Please log in to reply

richard wa

richard wa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi my name is Rich from wa state. I have an ongoing promblem with a security warning that consantly pops up when I open any web site, it will pop up 4 time and sometime later more times while doing things in a site, such as my online banking etc. It is a rectangula box that says "Security Warning Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpage contains content that will be deliveried using a HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage"

The problem seemed to start after I used some anti malware program.

Thanks for any help

Rich

Edited by richard wa, 10 June 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
richard wa
Welcome to Geeks to Go
I have moved your post to our networking forum.
The Introduction forum, where you did post, is only for introducing yourself, not for actually dealing with a problem.
I mention this only for your future information.

The message to which you refer appears to be the standard security warning when accessing a secure site, that some content does not meet the security requirements and do you wish to view ONLY the content that was downloaded sucurely.

Posted Image
Personally I recommend you simply click on the YES or NO as you wish and live with the warning. However if you find it a nuisance the answer lies below

1. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
2. Select the "Security" tab -> Click the "Custom Level" button
3. In the "Miscellaneous" section change "Display mixed content" to Enable.

Please read:
http://blogs.msdn.co...plorer-8-0.aspx

richard wa

richard wa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi my name is Rich from wa state. I have an ongoing promblem with a security warning that consantly pops up when I open any web site, it will pop up 4 time and sometime later more times while doing things in a site, such as my online banking etc. It is a rectangula box that says "Security Warning Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? This webpage contains content that will be deliveried using a HTTPS connection, which could compromise the security of the entire webpage"

The problem seemed to start after I used some anti malware program.

Thanks for any help

Rich

richard wa

richard wa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for your help, if it just poped up now and then I would be ok with it, but it just keeps going over and over. Thanks again. Rich

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

The problem seemed to start after I used some anti malware program

which and which anti virus program do you have

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
richard wa

I wondered how you progressed with this issue