Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JUNE 10, Malabyte locking up, etc... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Select the windows folder please, OTLPE is based on windows XP but it will enable me to get to the windows data and fix whatever needs fixing... As a plus you will have access to all your files

Advertisements

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well, that ship sailed... 2nd Library ran us out (Closing time), tried majic wond, or what ever it was called, started boot disk 1, worked, it ask 4 #2, was working great, and while waiting for husband to finish @ WM, power went out.... No luck after that, BUT in short, things looking better & I do have things up again & will do what you ask.

:( I typed windows in the box, & "NO WINDOWS FOUND"

I'm thinking, from morning experiments, since it seems to run good with REATOGO, if I, just do what I just did, suck it up, strip out by backup USB (It's on a dvd, plus in my hotmail now), if I can get a boot 4 my usb, I can keep the REATOGO cd in, & boot using my USB. & Maybe, I'll get lucky & boot WON'T have NORTON, McAlfee, or some other stupid stuff.

I was reading on some forums in other sites, that the Widows updates in JUNE were BAD, crashed a bunch of pcs, & I use to do great when I NEVER got those things. If my WindowsXP OS cd hadn't went bad, I would have loved to gone back to it, but when I looked through this, I noticed older xp's weren't set up for WiFi.

Well No windows is where I'm @. Any IMPORTANT stuff goes on a couple of USB's, DVD, so other than basic pc operation, no files are a big CRY FEST. & I HATE TOSHIBA crap.

**Tried again, looked @ properties, seen E in B file, so I OTL'd it, n it said "TARGET IS NOT WINDOWS 2000 or LATER."

TY Penny

Edited by penelopepony, 21 June 2012 - 11:28 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

[*]Select the Windows folder of the infected drive if it asks for a location

This is the important part if it states windows 2000 or better

In the Box that opens select windows folder

[attachment=58500:Capture.JPG]

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
When I hit OTLPE, I get a lil 4x4 box that says "Browse 4 folder" and it looks nothing like yours. Your's if I saw I would understand, mine is offering: My PC, >RAMDisk B >Local Dis C > Removable D > RealtogoPE X & > Shared.

Plz 4give typos, on last 40min (Already had 30min gift :D)

I'm reinstalling REATOGO to my USB. If I could use wifi w/this, I could work from someplace other than library w/all it's time restrictions.

TY Penny

Edited by penelopepony, 21 June 2012 - 12:14 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Select and open C and then select windows

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Been trying that, & there isn't windows ANYPLACE... I only have one cdrom in my laptop, so I can either run the REATOGO or bootable.

TY Penny

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Use the reatogo desktop

So there is no windows folder on your C drive at all ?

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
No, ALL GONE :(

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Alas in that case all you can do is back up everything that you want using reatogo and re-install windows

What reinstall disc do you have ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you do a little test for me please

Reboot the computer
Press the 0 (zero) key and hold it down and keep holding it down until the Windows loading screen
Press the power button and release.

This may bring you to a data recovery screen, if so what options are open to you

Advertisements

penelopepony

penelopepony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Error loading operating system. I think the other day, I had a shot, but when I couldn't see the battery life, and it ran out of power during the 2nd boot disc, that's when my luck went south. As much as I hate to do it, before I loose my opportunity to do it, I'm going to have to put it in the box & ship it back to Tri-Star (Toshiba).

TY Penny

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I think that you will find that somewhere in there is a hardware as opposed to software problem... Sorry that we could not resolve it for you

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.