Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox won't open, internet explorer freezes after starting, and

• Please log in to reply

Rick Hoydis

Rick Hoydis

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
The problem started yesterday, I was checking my email and trying to download a document from a trusted person. A window popped up when I tried to download the document saying that the destination folder couldn't be modified, and to select a different folder. However, the destination folder was different than the one I had preselected. I closed Firefox (version 13)and ran Internet Explorer and got as far as the gmail website, and it froze. Closed the program and tried this 4 more times, and the same results happened each time. I went to run AVG and do a scan, and it froze as soon as it opened. I was able to run MBAM, did a full scan on both harddrives, and it didn't pick up anything. I'm stuck, I'm not sure what to do next.

Computer is a custom build running Windows 7 64-bit
8GB RAM
Main HDD is a 170GB solid state drive
Secondary HDD is a 1TB drive

Ran HiJackThis, but it gave an error that it couldn't save the log because it couldn't find the log file. So I'm attaching screenshots of the scan results.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• hjtlog1.png
  • hjtlog2.png

Advertisements