Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Distortion?

• Please log in to reply

LeanneD

LeanneD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP Pavilion G6 Laptop, about 6 months old. Recently the sound has become extremely distorted. I use iTunes and the sound seems to be fine but as soon as I open up an internet page, the sound becomes tinny and distorted. The laptop also becomes quite slow, jumpy and jittery.
the same is with any videos that I try to play, they skip and jump and the sound is extremely distorted.
I have ran anti-virus programs and they have come back as 100% clean. I have cleared the laptop of all unnecessary junk and ran clean-up programs. I've also updated all software. I've looked on many different forums on the internet and followed advice given to other users with a similar problem. Nothing has worked so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go

There are numerous reports of similar problems on that computer - or at least on versions of the g6 although you do not say which one.

1. Try a set of external speakers

2. Please list ALL you have tried

I've looked on many different forums on the internet and followed advice given to other users with a similar problem

3. Here is one such report

http://h30434.www3.h...-t/td-p/1527575
and a simple search for hp pavilion g6 sound probems will show you just how many there are
Try the fourth post on this link
http://h30434.www3.h...ms/td-p/1160875

4.. We could try other possible solutions, when you tell me what you have already tried, but, my strong advice is to return to seller under what I presume is still a warrantry/service agreement.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
LeanneD

I wondered if you made any progress on this problem