Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen, hard lockup, flash and shockwave crash

• Please log in to reply

h0dg1k1ll3r

h0dg1k1ll3r

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi I recently built my first computer specs as follows

case: nzxt switch 810 (full tower 4x120mm fans, 3 filters)
mobo: asus sabertooth 990fx
cpu: amd phenom ii 6x2.7gb
ram: 2x4gb corsair ddr3
gfx: evga gtx 570 1.5gb
hdd: primary 250 gb seagate barracuda 7600 rpm, secondary 2tb seagate barrascuda 7600 rpm
dvd: lg lightscribe bluray player/dvd burner
I installed windows then proceded to update all drivers, including BIOS. I then (not knowing what I was doing) locked the cpu because I did not wish to overclock and possibly overheat the cpu. This was in March. I then attempted to install office suite (home and student 2010, already had product key) and Microsoft had to remotely clean up my registry in order to get it to install. About a month later, I installed service pack 1. Soon after installing service pack 1, I started having blue screens, hard lockups, and shockwave and flash crashes, along with graphix triangles during certain games. For everything besides the graphix triangles (alt tab out, go back in its fine) I would have to restart my computer. I took it to best buy after about 2 weeks of this, they then ran a diagnostic, unlocked my core, and found some corrupted system files which they then replaced and told me I should not have an issue. It was fine for about two days, but its back now. I took it back, and they said it was a windows issue and that I need to repair/reinstall windows.I tried to choose the upgrade option (I have the disc) and came up with this error code: 0x80070241. I then tried sys restore, and was given a diffeerent error code for every file i tried, none being successful.I was then going to do a fresh install, but I'm not sure how to do so without creating another partition. I have everything backed up to my secondary hdd.

Attached Files

• Attached File  CBS.log   668.32KB   144 downloads

Edited by h0dg1k1ll3r, 25 June 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Advertisements