Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't discover PC, Switch in my network map

• Please log in to reply

ewa

ewa

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
The other day I suddenly could not connect to my PC with my wireless xbox. I can connect to live and the internet, but I can not see my PC, however my computer can see my xbox.
Also suddenly there is a "switch" in my network map which was never there before.
Another thing that is odd aqnd I do not think it happened before is the my network names change when my wireless xbox is on.

This is what my network looks like with both my wireless upstairs and my wired xbox downstairs plugged in (the 1's and the close together dashes are the solid lines, the xbox at the bottom is the only wireless device)

EWA ===========switch
(PC)..............l...........1
..................l...........1
.................l...........1
..................l...........1
Xbox ==== .................l
Xbox = = = = = = = = = Ebony =============INTERNET
.........................(network name)

This is what it looks like when my wireless xbox is off, only the wired 1 is plugged in. Also notice that my network name is no longer there, not sure if it is only supposed appear when there is a wireless device plugged in.

EWA ======Switch=========Gateway====INTERNET
..................1........(Network name)
..................l
..................l
..................l
.................l
..................l
..................l
Xbox ======

Edited by ewa, 25 June 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Advertisements

pmpchad

pmpchad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The easiest thing to do is to restore your pc to a point in time in which you remember it working. That's what I did. It has to do with your security settings on your pc more than likely; try and remember if you made changes. Then, when you can't remember, restore to when you can remember it working with xbox.

Edited by pmpchad, 06 July 2012 - 10:38 PM.