Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to open port 443 to play LA NOIRE

• Please log in to reply

colonelsas

colonelsas

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Ive been having problems recently trying to get LA NOIRE working. When the game wants to update its patches a pop up on the game comes up and says "no internet conection", but I'm connected to the internet lol.
Ive been looking around online and different people have said try checking if port 443 is open, if not, open it and try and see if it will work.
To be honest I don't know what port 443 is and have no idea on how to open it :P
Can some one help me out please. Thanks! :D

Advertisements

clemons745

clemons745

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am not sure what console you are playing this on, so I am going to assume that it is PC. Basicly, what you have to do, is "forward" port 443 to your PC in your router for this to work. The first thing you need to do is figure out the IP address of your computer. You can do this by pressing the windows key and "r" at the same time. Type "cmd" in the run box and push enter. In the black command prompt that pops up, type "ipconfig" and push enter. You will see a number that says "IP address" or "IPv4 Address" depending on your operating system, that is your IP address. Also make note of the "default gateway". That is the IP address of your router, which you will need to gain access to in order to forward the port. Then you log into the web interface of your router to forward the port. If you can provide the brand and model number of your router (i.e netgear, linksys, etc), I can tell you how to forward the port. :cool:

colonelsas

colonelsas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
TP-Link

54M Wireless Router TL -WR542G

Thank you for the reply! ;)