Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC freezing randomly all of a sudden

• Please log in to reply

RiffRaffCat75

RiffRaffCat75

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
OK, just within the last 24 hours I've had this system just freeze up, screen go off, like it's a sleep, and I have to hold down power button to reboot to unfreeze. Also when it does this, the DVD drive light starts flashing rapidly. I have run Malware Bytes and Super AntiSpyware and both came back with nothing. I tried to run an AVG scan and about 15 minutes into it, the system freezes up again. Also I could not get the system to boot in safe mode. Any help or suggestion please! This is my own custom build and the specs are as follows;

*Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
*Sentey Extreme Division GS-6050 Halcon Black ATX Mid Tower
*ASUS Sabertooth 990FX motherboard
*AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Eight-Core Desktop Processor
*CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
*SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6570 2GB
*Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB
*COOLER MASTER GX Series 750W ATX12V v2.31 Active PFC Power Supply
*Logitech X-530 70 watts RMS 5.1 Speaker System
*LG Black BD-ROM Super Multi Blue with 3D Playback
*LG 22X Super-Multi DVD Burner
*LG Flatron 22' LCD montior
*Logitech MK550 Black Wireless Ergonomic Wave Combo

Also, the first time it did this, we were surfing YouTube looking at videos, and then it just freezes up. The temp stays around 50c to 53c which is normal for this machine.

Edited by RiffRaffCat75, 29 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

Advertisements