Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With Wireless Card in Desktop

• Please log in to reply

Cplum

Cplum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having troubles with what im assuming is the wireless card i have in my desktop. I have a 15 mbps connection that my laptop is having no troubles getting 18 mbps according to "speedtest.net". the desktop is having troubles getting 2 mbps according to the same site. I am having troubles staying logged in to anything (such as games) that requires faster dl speeds. can someone please help me to figure out what my problem is? it is a Gigabyte GN-WP01GS PCI WLAN Card(turbo) running on Windows Vista Ultimate. i have the up to date drivers. im completely stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

clemons745

clemons745

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi! :)

Have you tried an ethernet connection with your desktop? The reason I ask is that, it may not be a problem with your adapter at all, it could be a software problem (i.e virus), and if you experience the same results using an ethernet connection as wtih a wireless, then you know the adapter is fine. Has this adapter EVER ran at speeds as fast as your laptop? Have you taken any other troubleshooting steps?

anithushri

anithushri

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi my laptop xp moddel no: compaq presario c700 does not detect wireless device after formatting.