Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Bad-pool-header on new custom pc

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am sorry I am late posting but I have only just got home from a work day.

I will post after I have had evening meal, it will be about 2100

If you read this before I make the post regarding Speccy could you run that SFC again as per here

If SFC could not fix something, then run the command again to see if it may be able to the next time. Sometimes it may take running the sfc /scannow command 3 or more times to completely fix everything that it's able to.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
1. SlimDrivers

My strong advice is to uninstall this. Here isalink to the forum - there are a number of reports of it causing problems

https://www.slimware...p?7-SlimDrivers

Windows 7 is rather particular regarding drivers, as of course is any operating system, but possibly windows7 is more so than XP or Vista was and I do not trust this slimdrivers from what I have read, it is a new company founded only in 2010 and they also produce a range of make it go faster software. I wouls stay with the tried and tested practice of downloading drivers only from the computer manufacturers site, or the hardware manufacturers site. I would even recommend caution accepting those that windows may offer on their optional updates.

AT THE VERY LEAST you should disbale this from running, as I see it is in fact running a scan on every startup.

GO start (windows button) type msconfig then right click and run as admin, click on startup tab and uncheck the box by this entry

While you are there please tell me what else is listed as running at startup - ONLY the items with a check mark.

Click Apply and OK

when rebooting acknowledge the message re startup if it appears by putting a check mark in the box do NOT show again.

2. Gigabyte 560Ti

I am of the opinion that it may well be the video driver

Please see this

http://us.download.n...lease-notes.pdf

follow carefully the instructions and download and install this please

http://www.nvidia.co...hql-driver.html

just in case it does not stay on the link this is the driver

Version:

301.42 WHQL

Release Date:

Operating System:

Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

Language:

English (U.S.)

File Size:

160 MB

3. If that does not stop the BSOD, then as the card is a Giagabyte card with the 560Ti Nvidia GPU, we should next look at the latest driver found and tested by Giagabyte for that card. Whoever makes the card, be it Gigabyte, Pallit, EVGA etc, they use the Nividia or AMD GPU chip, but then add their own other components and tweaks, such as overclocking it.

It is not unknown by any means for the latest GPU driver to be unsuitable for the card and if this proves to be the case then you should revert to this one

NVIDIA driver OS:Windows Vista 64bit,Windows 7 64bit 266.44167.61 MB2011/01/27

Please let me know how you go on.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

seanstgermain1

Would you kindly update your topic.

Did you manage to make progress on this issue.

We are of course still ready to help if you have not solved the problem.

If you have the update is always appreciated.