Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DQS Training error, blue screens, and crashes

• Please log in to reply

Javonovich

Javonovich

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys, I'm running a Gateway desktop with Windows Vista (64 bit) and getting crashes, blue screens, and an error that I just can't figure out. I'm running with an AMD Phenom™9150e Quad-core processor 1.80 GHz and an NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 graphics card.

I've updated all of my drivers, my PC is also clean of all malware. I made the mistake of taking it to Best Buy's tech support. All they did was run anti-virus and run a hardware scan to make sure it was all working right and they found nothing. Now they are suggesting that windows be reinstalled and if that doesn't work, they said I need a motherboard. The problem is, they don't know anything about the error messages I am getting.

The first has American Megatrends on the top and says "DQS training failed on previous boot, revert to slower DRAM speed."

The second is is a blue screen which says "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and it identifies the module "tcpip.sys" Finally, I get another blue screen that identifies the problem module as win32k.sys

Any ideas?

Thanks so much

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

The first has American Megatrends on the top and says "DQS training failed on previous boot, revert to slower DRAM speed."

go into the bios and set it to default or safe...sometimes its F5...then F10 to save the settings but read the screens to be sure...

make sure your not overclocking anything...

then run memtest86 to test your ram...guide is here...
the guide says to test only one stick at a time but test all the ram at the same time and only test one at a time if there are ANY errors when testing all the ram together...
let memtest run for at least 3 hours or until it reports a error...