Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serchnu as default in google chrome probably from downloading ilivid [

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Aye that is the windows restore system.. This takes a snapshot of your system in case anything goes wrong so that you can go back to the time before the problem.. However, windows does not care what it backs up so it may well also back up the malware that has been deleted

This article describes how to use the System Restore tool to return your computer to a previous state. System Restore takes "snapshots" of critical system files and some program files and registry settings and stores this information as restore points. If your computer is not functioning correctly, you can use these restore points to return Windows to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly. It can also change scripts, batch files, and other kinds of executable files on your computer.

This article is for a beginning to intermediate computer user.

Note System Restore does not affect personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos. You can only restore files that you have deleted if you have made backups of those files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084

Advertisements

DanteAlighieri

DanteAlighieri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Thanks Essexboy!

Now all steps are done. I read somewhere that if you run two virus programs simultaneously they might stop each other. Is it ok to run McAfee and Malwarebytes at the same time?

Next time I have money on my paypal account I will donate a buck or two. :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
McAffe and Malwarebytes are in effect two different animals so they work together quite nicely. MBAM checks for Malware and McAfee for viruses, thereby covering all bases

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.