Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp won't boot

• Please log in to reply

Fideito

Fideito

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question: I reviewed the help you had for this problem, that windows XP wonīt boot(get the message windows root\system32\hal.dll) and it gives very detailed info on how to fix it, I was wondering if there is another way to fix it, because the cd room isn't working either; just before the PC failed to boot, it couldnīread any cds (data, music, video. Any)

Thanks

Advertisements

Amlak

Amlak

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
Hi, Fideito. Welcome to GTG. Let's help you out with your computer issue.

You say your CD drive isn't working. Are you sure it also doesn't work when outside of Windows?

Assuming your CD drive really doesn't work, do you have a USB drive available that you could use to boot from? If you do, make sure you move any important files in it to another storage medium as you may have to format the USB drive in order to boot from it.

Awaiting your reply soon.