Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compatability: GB GTX 550 with GB GA-EP35-DS3?

• Please log in to reply

paramortal

paramortal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there, I am (a novice) putting a system together for a friends birthday & I'm running out of time, all I have left to do is upgrade his GPU. I would like to know if someone could verify that the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550/Ti will work with a the Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3 Motherboard? My concern was that the Mainboard is fairly old compared to the card.

I'm just not sure what exactly to look for in terms of specifications etc,
a brief explanation or info links on the subject would be welcome, I plan to learn a-lot more but study takes up most of my brain capacity lol!

thanks for your time guy's I appreciate it very much,
Here are the links to the products:

GPU: http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=3799#sp
MOBO: http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=2741#ov

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: paramortal

The card will work fine with the MB but please ensure that the PSU (power supply unit) can provide adequate clean and stable power, the Minimum power requirement is 400W and one supplemental six pin pci-e power supply from the PSU.

paramortal

paramortal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Apologies for late response, based on your suggestion it should work out fine then as it has a 600W with 3 six pin pci-e's, my mates Birthday is on Wednesday so thank you very much, I can relax now,
cheers.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No worries and you are welcome :thumbsup:

If you have any other questions please give us a shout.

paramortal

paramortal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:thumbsup: Just wanted to cap off: My best mate Kym was layed off work recently & his youngest Son's ageing GTX 9800 "hand-me down" died, so me & some friends chipped in to get him the GTX550Ti for his birthday & know he's gaming away with no issues...but if any should arise, I'll know where to come,
thanks heaps.
:cheers:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Nice gesture and thanks for the follow up :spoton: