Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I import data from a CSV file and output to a web page

• Please log in to reply

wozzaj

wozzaj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.

I'm a noob here and thought I'd drop in to see if there's someone smart who can help me here!!

I've been tasked with something I'm struggling with which is the following. I have been asked to pull some data from a weather site and output it to a web page of our own. The weather site does provide all the info in a csv file, but it's way too much. I only want some of it. Where I need to get the data from is here: http://reg.bom.gov.a...801.94284.shtml
From here, I only want to display the times from 07:30 on the current day to 15:00 on the current day and all the fields under 'Wind'. As the day goes, it would need to somehow pull this info every 30 minutes or so and output it to our web page.

I have a bit of HTML knowledge and that is what I am using to try and do this, but don't seem to be getting anywhere!

Does anyone think this can be done?

Many thanks in advance

Edited by wozzaj, 12 July 2012 - 03:08 AM.

Advertisements