Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USPS virus - How do I remove?

• Please log in to reply

slexstrom

slexstrom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
a couple of days ago another member posted this and I am having the exact same problem. I'm not sure what to do and not sure how she fixed it by restoring an image. Can someone help? I can't even use my computer and my daughter is not happy she can't use it either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sheryl
---------------------------------
I stupidly clicked on the file when I received an email today with the subject line "Print the postal label" (I was waiting for shipping info from the USPS). A few hours later I started getting messages "Email Error - 571 virus detected - psmtp" and it has Norton in the bottom left corner. I have scanned the computer with Norton and it says everything is fine! If I click okay on the message, another pops up with a different message, such as "553 - message filtered. Please see the FAQs section on spam" and "554 transaction failed spam message not queued." Can someone help me with this?

I restored an image and am up and running.
---------------------------------

Edited by slexstrom, 15 July 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Advertisements