Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to fix a CPU cooler? Noctua Nh-d14

• Please log in to reply

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey, I accidentally broke my CPU cooler, a NF-p14 that is in the middle of the Noctua Nh-d14, I was taking off some dust with the cooler on, and the fan hit the GPU and one of it helix broke.. IS there any way I can fix it with Glue or Silicon? Anything that keeps it balanced without shaking or vibrating?

IF not I am going to buy a new one, some people told me to use hot glue, I tried but it got loose and fell again...

Any advices or techniques?

Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Simply put you will never be able to get it to balance correctly. Save yourself the headache and purchase a new one. Make sure you have the Tim also and that way you will get a good seal for the best cooling it can give you. :thumbsup:

DragonEnvy

DragonEnvy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hmmm, so I guess I am going to buy a new one, that sucks... I bought it last week and installed yesteday LOL...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you just bought it you might see if they will replace it under warranty. I don't know if they will cover it for the reason you stated though.