Yes right click it and select delete.
I do wonder about the MBR.dat on my desktop that has been flagged though, can I just remove it?
Subject to no further problems
I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems
Your logs now appears clean
The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
- Hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will display the Run dialogue box
- In the Run box, type in ComboFix /Uninstall
(Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
then click OK
- Follow the prompts on the screen
- A message should appear confirming that ComboFix was uninstalled
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programs we have used plus itself.
Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programs:
Update and run weekly to keep your system clean
Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programs on your system need updating and give a download link
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit
To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe