Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'Funmoods' malware removal help needed

• Please log in to reply

TruthSerum

TruthSerum

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Maybe funmoods is considered a hijacker, I'm not sure. Knowing better, I clicked on a file sharing site. funmoods installed new toolbars and homepages and popups. I managed to get the toolbars and homepages fixed. At least they are now.

Scanned with Norton...showed nothing.

Microsoft security scan...nothing.

Ran a trial program of Malwarebytes which found 1708 errors, 31 were funmoods which I removed. To go further I would have had to buy the program but had little confidence that it would remove everything. If advised to, I will buy it.

Tried system restore and after restart my firefox homepage was one big ad. I made it go away only to discover my homepage was now my original Toshiba homepage. ****Oh, it also turned off Norton which was flashing like crazy to turn back on. I did.

Mostly now I just get a popup ad on my homepage and that didn't happen today but it's still there and everything I try just makes it more aggressive.

I'm not tech savvy at all so I really need help.

Thanks

Advertisements