Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2010 pptx opens as zip file

• Please log in to reply

polaris6

polaris6

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have OS XP(3), IE8, Office 2010

I am trying to d/l a pptx file from our organizational website (that I use regularly). The file is shown as a pptx file (as displayed by the properties feature), but when I click to d/l it, it shows up as a zip file to be opened and the computer tries to unzip it, but doesn't do a very good job in doing so.

I have tried to d/l other pptx files from other internet sites and they work (d/l) OK.

I have the same OS on another laptop and it d/ls this particular file fron this particular site just fine.

I can change (rename) the extension on this file (from zip to pptx) and it works fine

I have tried everything reccomended on various PPT forums and it hasn't worked.

The issue here is that this particular file has been posted to the website for members of our organization to d/l and use. Many of these members are not savvy enough to be able to 'manipulate' the file and use it as it was designed. I am tryng to make this d/l as user friendly as is possible.

Advertisements