Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your Opinions Please

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome :thumbsup:

Please let us know how the build goes and any questions give us a shout.

Advertisements

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Will do and you betcha..Thanks

Hugz
Gizzy

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Will do and you betcha..Thanks

Hugz
Gizzy

Well the build went well except a few little things that I am not sure is me or something is missing..Inside the case it has two USB 3.0 cords but on the motherboard there is only one USB 3.0 connector that these plugs fit into, there is another one on the motherboard but not enough pins so can't connect one of the USB 3.0 which are for the front USB 3.0 Love this case though cause there is so much room and it was a plesent build for a change...Another question is on the HDD's I have never had this SSD drive so don't know anything about them but I know he wants his OS on it so how would I do this, Would I not connect the WD till after the OS is installed and as for the motherboard/Video/ any other software that came with this build should I just insall all of that before I plug the WD in? I have not fired this Rig up yet cause i am waiting to hear back from you on this HDD issue...

Thanks
Hugz
Gizzy

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi

The MB does only have one USB 3.0 header and this is for the front panel ports, the additional cable should be neatly tucked away.

A guide to installing W7 on an SSD http://www.overclock...e-for-ssds-hdds I am not suggesting the use of any other product or service at the link.

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi

The MB does only have one USB 3.0 header and this is for the front panel ports, the additional cable should be neatly tucked away.

A guide to installing W7 on an SSD http://www.overclock...e-for-ssds-hdds I am not suggesting the use of any other product or service at the link.

I figured it out and its all installed on the SSD drive with out any problems ty..However It seems that the WD drive shows up on Drive management and all that but I can't figure out how to get it to show up next to the C Drive which is the SSD that holds the OS and all the drivers for motherboard/Video card and all that. Also would you know anything about wireless networking? I have installed the software and then the card as it said and I can not get it to connect using the wireless? Any and all help would be appreciated...Thanks for all your help and the link...

Hugz
Gizzy

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Did you format the WD HDD and allocate it a drive letter, if not see below;

Right-Click on the My Computer icon either on your desktop or in the Start Menu and select Manage.

Then Computer Management,
Select storage from the left hand side by clicking it once, then select Disk Management(local) from the right side by double-clicking it. Find the second WD HDD and format it with one large partition.

First you partition - do a primary partition if you want one partition on the hard drive.
Then format the partition - again right click and select format use NTSF (full)- use default allocation size and give the new volume a drive letter, you must not allow any spaces in the name.

Sort this first and if you still need assistance with the wireless we can look at that for you.

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Right-Click on the My Computer icon either on your desktop or in the Start Menu and select Manage.

Select storage from the left hand side by clicking it once, then select Disk Management(local) from the right side by double-clicking it. Find the second WD HDD and format it with one large partition.

First you partition - do a primary partition if you want one partition on the hard drive.
Then format the partition - again right click and select format use NTSF (full)- use default allocation size and give the new volume a drive letter, you must not allow any spaces in the name.

Sort this first and if you still need assistance with the wireless we can look at that for you.

OK will go do this now..Do you know if this motherboard is suppose to have a post beep on it..I didn't get no beeps at all and there is a speaker connector on the motherboard but no wire connector either from the case or PSU....Every computer I have built had the post beep and it just worry's me that this isn't the case with this one...

Thanks
Gizzy

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

OK I was able to get both of my problems figured out and wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your taking so much of your time to help me..I got the Wireless card working and also got the WD formated and showing up..Now the only thing I am still not sure about is that Post beep and why I am not hearing it? If you know why and is it really all that importen?
Can you please take a look at these SS and tell me what I am doing wrong cause I do not see anything about formating. Am I suppose to use the Simple New Volume?DM2.jpg

Edited by Gizzy57, 29 July 2012 - 10:33 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Not all cases or MBs have a system speaker fitted as standard which is not a problem if the computer is functioning correctly, they can however be invaluable if you are having issues, please see the information below which is from the MB user manual;

Chassis Speaker Header Please connect the chassis (4-pin SPEAKER 1) speaker to this header. (see p.13, No. 17) ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/Z77%20Extreme4.pdf

No need to format the SSD as the SSD will be formatted automatically as part of the Win 7 install process and so you do not need to independently format it.

Gizzy57

Gizzy57

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thank you so much for your help. I kinda figured the speaker wasn't a big deal but wanted to be sure.

Huge
Gizzy

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts