Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio device on high definition bus wont install no matter what i do

• Please log in to reply

mrcnarine

mrcnarine

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello i recently downgraded my laptop from windows 7 to windows xp sp3 because my laptop has only 2gb of ram and alot of it was being used and i dont want to buy more so i downgraded to windows xp and it was doing great but the difficult part was installing my drivers after 1 week i got all the drivers installed except i have no sound and the only driver not installed is the audio device on high definition bus i tried so many methods and asked so many questions but none work my manufactures site doesnt have software for it and i dont have a disk and have been downloading like crazy but nothing works i cant get it to work my laptop is a TOSHIBA Satellite C655D-S5202 and im really in the need of help because i need this laptop for work and i cant get sound no matter what plz help

Advertisements

r55741

r55741

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Hi
I don't know the answer but. It sounds like your best bet is doing a Google search for your audio device + winodws xp
To see if anyone has been able to get it to work with xp. If you can't then you are going to be pioneering that project.

If you are not sold on xp, I would consider going back to a lite or performance version of windows 7. It sounds like you all ready had the license for the software so I don't see why you couldn't use your own modified version.

Hope that helps.