Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE won't open

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem I will watch for your results. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

joanelaine

joanelaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I'm at my friends home now. I checked event viewer,and there was nothing bad there.I'vejust run sfc and that took two and half hours. I'vejust about had it. I paused the first page with white text.I was not able to take a picture what I saw asfollows,I couldn't pause the second page not quick enough.

Phoenix - awards BIOS U or V something...star
Mainprocessor Intel celeron
memory (now can'tunderstand my own writing)...sorry
then at the bottom left DEL to enter setup F8to enter boot menu ex to skip menu.

ran SFC was asked for disk and as Isaid took ages.

No reports from SFC.so took disk out after waiting.

I can't keep coming over here andmy friend said she is happy enough because the computer isworking just those couple of pages of white text which she isn'tworried about.if anything happens she has decided toget a technician here.Se isprobably sick of mecoming over too.

Many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

joanelaine

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi,

It seems there is no real problem for now so its probably best not try to fix what isn't broken :)

I could be something simpler like the computer now takes a little longer to start because the new added stuff. For example putting documents and folders on the desktop can make windows start slower its better to have the desktop clean only with needed shortcuts.

Thanks for let us know the result.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry to hear your friend is going to have a tech come out. It looks to be a default window during bootup that is in the bios. The text screens you are describing are the post screens but it is halting on the second one. Normally in the bios there is a place to tell it not to halt unless for a keyboard issue. TThat would allow the system to continue past everything without manually have to do anything.

joanelaine

joanelaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes, after all our efforts it does seem a shame but I think her partner started to feel guitly about me giving so much time to drive over AND only when they were home abd available. I'm pretty sure he is the one that was behind her telling me that she would get a tech if they have any problems. I hate leaving things like that especially as I gave her my old computer, I feel responsible and wanted everything to be right for her. I must admit I was getting a little weary of driving over only when it suited them. I suggested that I bring the computer back to my place but she didn't want that because she wants to send her emails which is about all she does I think. Anyway, thanks again for all your time and effort. I really apreciate your time.
Regards,
joanelaine.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem and may I ask if you find out what the final resolution was if you could post it for us please. It may help someone else later with the same issue.

joanelaine

joanelaine

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes, I most certainly will let you know when and if I find out.
Many thanks again for your time, I appreciate it very much,
Regards,
joanleaine.