Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows cant find msconfig or regedit

• Please log in to reply

chump0

chump0

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently had to reinstall windows due to my computer crashing. Upon reinstalling everything I tried to access both msconfig and regedit under the search box in the start menu. When it does this it says "No items match your search". What could be the problem? Everything else is running perfectly and I know I have no viruses or malware. Please help.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Check the path environment variable, sounds like it may be messed up. It should start with:

C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;

To check, open a Command Prompt, type path and press Enter.

To fix, right click on Computer and select Properties.
Click on Advanced System Settings.
Click the Environment Variables button.

Under System Variables, scroll down to PATH and double click on it. Be careful, make sure you get rid of the all being selected by clicking anywhere in the Variable Value area, then move all the way to the left and correct as needed.