Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphical Problems while in Fullscreen

• Please log in to reply

pz3shwks

pz3shwks

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I'm having some very odd problems across all of my games when they are run in Fullscreen mode. Firstly, in-game text appears corrupted (the letters will have black coloring to certain parts making the text hard to read), this happens in many games including: LOTR Online, Civ 4, Deus Ex Human Revolution and it appears slightly in Skyrim. After months of testing I've found that it only happens while I play the games in a fullscreen mode; while in a Windowed setting the problem stops. I have also noticed that many, if not all, games don't appear to do Anti-Aliasing properly. No matter how high the setting is, I still get jaggies. Yet, when I switch to a windowed mode, there are no jaggies at all.

Since I use a 150% DPI, using windowed mode is not practical, since the windowed screen never matches my other screen and I have to first disable the DPI to play the game. I'm currently using a Sony Bravia 1080p HDTV as a monitor, connected to my GTX 580 card via an HDMI cable.

I've attached my DXDIAG for reference.

So, can anyone figure out why these problems would only occur in a fullscreen mode? I am completely stumped. My only guess would be my TV switching its picture settings. It is normally on it's PC Graphics setting when I am using the computer, but it automatically switches to a Game "scene select" whenever a videogame is started. Of course, while in Windowed mode this transition does not happen, which could explain this problem; I'm not sure. I cannot stop this transition, as it appears to be hardcoded into the TV or something.

Thoughts?

Attached File  DxDiag.txt   27.66KB   166 downloads

Advertisements

pz3shwks

pz3shwks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Well, I managed to figure it out. Turns out it was the TV causing all of the problems. I also managed to find a button on my remote that I somehow never noticed in over a year. Now the scene select is turned off, and everything works great.