Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer One notebook shuts off during boot...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Steve_CostaRica

Steve_CostaRica

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, My Acer Aspire One shuts off during booting up, sometimes before the Windows Desktop and sometimes after but never enough time to do anything. Sometimes it has a sharp shrill noise until it shuts off, when it does this the screen is blank. This netbook has XP, 1 Gig of ram, and a 160 Gig harddrive. I have tried F8 to run in safe mode but the keyboard is frozen, cannot change to safe mode, same thing if I try to change the boot to an external CD drive to run a repair, the keyboard is frozen, so I can't change the boot device. I have checked and blown out the vents for dust but there didn't seem to be any. Thanks for any help you can give me. Steve

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Steve_CostaRica

You have also posted this problem on a second topic you have created here in the XP forum

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Please continue in the XP forum on the topic link above and please do not create more than ONE topic on the same problem