Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply

bigchris

bigchris

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I was wondering is there a way I can make a copy of my Microsoft Office 2007 cracked version installed on my laptop ? Since I might have to use my restore disks which maybe I would lose Microsoft.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
Since you cracked MS Office and did not purchase the software legally, that was a copyright infringement. This will probably prevent any one from helping you with this type of question (see Terms of Use). You will lose MS Office and any programs that were installed when udsing the Restore disks. Why don't you download the FREE OpenOffice Suite which is totally compatible with MS Office? Even OfficeLibre is free and compatible.

Edited by AstraNut, 01 August 2012 - 12:08 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
AstraNut is completely correct in his assessment. We will not help you with a cracked program or any illegally obtained software. Both the alternative Office suites that were mentioned can now open and save files in Microsoft Office formats. If you cannot afford to purchase a legal copy of Microsoft Office I would suggest checking into OpenOffice and OfficeLibre. :thumbsup:

valentinemichaelsmith

valentinemichaelsmith

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi bigchris...

There are "ways", but since you "stole" the software, you will have to look elsewhere for help. I just registered, so this is my first post. I trust a moderator will let me know if replies have to be "politically correct". Office 2010 costs $249 for a 1 user/1 PC licence, and $349 for 1 user/2 PC licence.

If inflation is taken in to account, that is less than I paid for my Office 97 or my current Office 2003. Extended support for Office 2003 ends April, 2014, which is also when extended support ends for XP. In other words, the daily cost of legitimate software is less than the cost of a cup of coffee.

When you pay for your software, you have access to support, either from the vendor or sites like this.

When you steal software, or use free software, you generally get what you paid for. There is excellent free software available to remove malware, but you will have to find that on your own.

There are also ways to configure your laptop so you don't lose data; backing up is not limited to vehicles.

I have no patience for individuals who think that there is such a thing as a "free lunch". I have had my share of system failures since Windows 95, but I have never lost any data. Take a computer course; learn DOS; try reading the manual. To the best of my knowledge, no one is born with computer skills; they have to be learned, so take the time to learn the basics. You appear to be looking for a "quick fix". There are very few, if any, quick fixes.