Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupt files?

• Please log in to reply

humpers

humpers

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been working on this problem for some time & i'm clean out of ideas. Some time ago my sound started to decay i.e. every few seconds the music/voice would distort very briefly. I got over it during the following months by using several methods which seemed at the time to work but the fault always came back. I did windows restore, I rebuilt the Windows media player library (several times), i cleaned the registry, i updated my sound drivers, i have run microsoft repair centre fixes & i have searched countless forums but it keeps coming back. Sometimes the problem goes away for a day but returns later. this made me think its a heat problem but according to my heat probes, all is good.
My specs are; Windows XP (service pack 3 build 2600), M/B is ASUSTek M2N68-AM plus, CPU is AMD 2.7 gig Athlon 7750 dual core, Display is Nvidia geforce 7025 630a & my sound is Realtek High definition Audio (no seperate sound card).
This is my first post so i hope i have explained everything clearly & I look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers Rod

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi Rod, and welcome to our forum.
It could be a hardware issue that is causing the sound problem....
Have you tried a different set of loudspeakers or headphones to see if this helps?
Regards
paws
PS let us know how you get on with these.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

i cleaned the registry,

this is not recommended...reg cleaners usually do more harm than good...

have you run chkdsk /r recently...no...then do it now...

then we need to see the CHKDSK Log
Go to Start and type in eventvwr.msc...press Enter
Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.
Double click on the Source column header.
Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry
(wininit for Win7)
(winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.