Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering Incredimail Data

• Please log in to reply

Padley

Padley

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I suffered a system crash which required me to completely rebuild the system thus loosing my Iincredimail folders and contacts. I have managed to recover the original Incredimail sub directory (IM) including the message stores. How can I recover the folders and contacts from this?

I have raised several VIP Support requests on this matter but have never received a reply.

Has Incredimail stopped honouring its obligations for VIP Support with Incredimail Premium?

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Padley,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

From my understanding all personal IncrediMail data such as email, contacts and content is stored in your Windows Profile folder. If you had to reinstall all might have been lost if it was not backed up before the HDD was reformatted.

I found that information in the following link:

how to restore incredimail after pc death

I have raised several VIP Support requests on this matter but have never received a reply.

Has Incredimail stopped honouring its obligations for VIP Support with Incredimail Premium?

Have you tried requesting help from IncrediMail Help Page?

Personally, I uninstalled IncrediMail years ago when I found it to be an undesirable program for the following reasons:

Not many people read the EULA (End User License Agreement), and don't realize that if you are using Incredimail to send emails with new ideas/concepts etc., then Incredimail can claim copyright to your ideas etc. because you assigned them the copyrights when you agreed to use the program by clicking on "I Agree" when you installed it.

10. UNSOLICITED MATERIALS
Any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material submitted or sent to IncrediMail, including without limitation via any Message sent by You through the Service, Site, or IncrediMail's physical mail and e-mail addresses, or in any other way, will be deemed to be not confidential or secret. By submitting or sending information or other material to IncrediMail or by posting information on any portion of the Service you (a) Warrant that you have all rights of any kind to the material and that to the best of your knowledge no other party has any rights to the material; and (b) Grant IncrediMail an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute the material, and you further agree that IncrediMail is free to use any ideas, know-how, concepts or techniques you send us or post on the Service for any purpose, without any compensation to you or any other person."

Above info found in this discussion here > Incredimail Spyware & Copyright issues? - Windows

Yes, IncrediMail provides amusing, all-singing, all dancing, animated, colored, formatted, flashing, bleeping, blurping emails--- but with the certainty of tons of excess baggage riding along with the email; with the possibility of opening the door to malicious HTML-borne worms, viruses, and such; and with serious questions about who owns the content of the messages you send using their system.

This I found here > IncrediMail Problems = Anything you say or send belongs to them [Archive] - Team Ninja Bulletin Board

Donna :)

Padley

Padley

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi DonnaB

Thank you for the response. I had in fact found this link myself after posting the request and am glad to say that I have now recovered the lost data.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi Padley,

You're welcome and thank you for confirming that it is possible to recover all data after such an unfortunate disaster. I'm quite sure your experience will help others who encounter this situation.

:happy:

RyanMiller

RyanMiller

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If you deleted the mail messages when you un-installed Incredimail the only hope of getting them back is with data recovery software or service. Remember that the more you use the hard drive, the more likely that deleted files will be overwritten. So go the check out the FREE trail version demo in which user can get all data recover in free: http://www.filesrepa...l-recovery.html

erinlee

erinlee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

IncrediMail Recovery is a tool that enables you to recover email messages from corrupted .imm and .imh files. Simple and easy to use, the application has the ability to recover email messages which have been damaged or corrupted by virus attack, accidentally deleted emails and more. Offering an intuitive interface, this tool can recover email with attachments also.

Read More: http://www.filesreco...l-recovery.html