Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop screen went white when i went to boot it up

• Please log in to reply

alisap

alisap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a dell inspron Laptop with Windows 7. when I went to turn it on about 3/4s of the screen is white. I trued re booting it again, i tried running a system check using <Fn> button. I just dont know what else to do. Please help.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Check if your laptop as a VGA port so you can plug an exterior screen into it. If you have and the exterior screen does the same thing (white screen) then it might mean that your video card is in fault, if the exterior screen works perfectly but your laptop screen stays white then it is either a loose connection between your screen and the motherboard or your laptop screen is malfunctioning.

smith.R.jhon

smith.R.jhon

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
yes i think you should try to check your VGA port otherwise you should go to the service center.